Popular Posts

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

An Interesting Day...

 Today I listened to GhostFace Killah's new album, 12 Reason's To Die. I thought the album was great and it was good to listen to a new album. As usual his free-associative, multi-syllable rhymes are on the album and the production is great. 12 amazing tracks, that feature his unique wordplay, storytelling, and one of the best flows to a song.   While I am not surprise about his album ,because while he may not sell the most records he still remains a great emcee.   This is the same guy who made, Iron Man, Supreme Clientele,  and FishScale,  which are classics in my opinion.





I also Listened to  Styles P latest album, Float which was produced by Scram Jones. As usual, Styles brings his hard-hitting, gritty rhymes, and Scram Jones helps make his rhymes  sound awesome. 12 Tracks of a hard-hitting rhymes, and a skit with Jadakiss about their favorite weed. I thought the album was better than his last effort Hardest MC project and is on the same level as the Master of Ceremonies album. Styles always sticks to his sound which switches between introspective, honest, funny, wordplay, and being a tough guy. I thought it was great a album overall.


And finally, I had listened to  Chaka Kahn's song Through The Fire and realized how great of a song it was. while many know of Kanye West sampling , the song for his first album but I remembered how talented Chaka Kahn is.  It made me think about considering sampling a, when making a track.


TIL THE NEXT DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment