Popular Posts

Monday, June 17, 2013

I got a chance to read Manchild In The Promise Land and I thought the book was a great read. Next to The Auto-Biography of Malcolm X it has turned into one of my favorite books/biographies. I like how the author is honest about his upbringing and how as he gets older he observes his surroundings differently. The author analyzes how drugs destroy communities and can affect any family, including his own. He also describes his transformation from a  Juvenile Delinquent to a person who works and values education. I think it is a must-read for anyone interested in looking in to the life of a man who endured poverty, incarceration , but was able to turn his life around. He even begins the book with him getting shot as a youth. I thought it was a great book and anyone could get valuable lessons from the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment