Popular Posts

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Roc Marciano( The Return of 90's East-Coast Sound)

Roc Marciano has to be one of the most slept-on and under-appreciated artist that has emerged within the last few years. he has released two great albums, Marcberg and Reloaded.  He also self -produces his tracks and has a triple syllable rhyme-scheme that is very vivid and descriptive. I first heard of him through Action Bronson's Blue Chip's mix-tape and since then I have become a fan. While I heard Reloaded before Marcberg, I have to say he is an amazing producer and great rapper. His narratives  are great  and his choice of samples he uses are also well picked.  I am anxious to hear his next  album and  I think Roc could definitely help push lyricism back in hip-hp. he reminds me of a Wu-Tang  rapper , yet he appears like he is from the present.  Roc does not often put features on his albums , which is also refreshing because many artist put  other artist on their album and it takes away at times their own uniqueness. Overall, I respect and enjoy what Roc Marciano is doing in hip-hop. I will definitely keep checking to hear his music.












No comments:

Post a Comment