Popular Posts

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Life Is GOOD...NAS

While Nas's latest album was put out months ago, I still find myself listening to his album constantly throughout the week. I like he returned to his  internal rhyme scheme and the themes he raps about are very genuine and honest. There is no Nas Escobar persona or  other dismissive  topics. Its just him being an artist, rapping about his life mostly and his opinion. I think if many veteran artist tried to take the same approach and just be themselves instead of trying to be young they would find more success.  I loved the albums production and each track was great, I did not find myself skipping through any songs. Nas describes his problems with a failed marriage, his upbringing, enjoying himself, and  simply trying to stay happy despite several other problems in his life.  Production wise,  the sound is very good,  and I also enjoy some of the old school hip-hop that was sampled, Tracks like "You Wouldn't Understand This" and "Bye Baby" both feature  sample of artists Rakim and Guy.  Lyrically like I mentioned earlier he is as strong as ever and Nas has proven again why he is one of the greatest. After hearing the album I am looking forward to the net one he releases.








No comments:

Post a Comment